Thursday 26 May 2016

May 24, 2016-Dodged the Transfer

My apologies for not telling anyone that this last week was transfer week.  I never remember ahead of time. I possibly never will but on the up hand it was a great week ! Because I am training and training is 2 transfer long I get to stay again !!! Thank goodness. I have really come to dislike being transferred. Being transferred is one of the hardest parts of my mission. Elder Y and I still working in tala ofa and natomas 3rd. I love both of these areas especially now that we are finally getting a handle on everything. Plus I love my companion. He has picked up missionary work like its second nature. Makes training him not to difficult. Honestly he is training me . 
                I can't believe i only have 6 months left. That's lots of time, but time seems to be passing by as if it doesn't exist. The days feel like an hour , weeks feel like a day, and the months feel like a week. I almost hope that the rest of life does not go like this. I feel I have so much more to accomplish in my mission.
        something that I really have been trying to learn and apply is the power of prayer. Prayer can be one of the most effective things in receiving blessings in this life. Prayer  is one on one communication between us aNd a loving Heavenly Father. In our prayers we are able to give thanks and ask for blessing that he is already willing to give us but is dependent on us asking for them. I am realizing the strength and power of children's hymns lately. One of the hymns says:
Heavenly Father , are you really there ? 
And do you hear and answer every child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away 
But I feel it close around me as I pray
Pray he is there
Speak he is listening
You are his child
His love now surrounds you 

I have a testimony that Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers. The answers to my prayers have not come immediately. Or all at once. Some answers I'm still waiting on. But the lord will always provide us with answers. And he will always provide us with comfort as we ask for it. And if you have never tried it, give it a go. Test it out. Then as alma says : And because of your diligence and your faith and your patience with the word in nourishing it, that it may take root in you, behold, by and by ye shall pluck the fruit thereof, which is most precious, which is sweet above all that is sweet, and which is white above all that is white, yea, and pure above all that is pure; and ye shall feast upon this fruit even until ye are filled, that ye hunger not, neither shall ye thirst. ....ye shall reap the rewards of your faith, and your diligence, and patience, and long-suffering, waiting for the tree to bring forth fruit unto you. Alma 32:42-43.
Other than that, my week has been good ! Gave a talk in church! I actually love giving talks now. It's awesome.
I love you family and friends. I look forward to hearing from all of you soon ! 
Elder kristensen
A tribute to my comp who ate a Thai chili pepper at a Lao members house. I did this almost a year ago. I know the pain. 
Also a tribute to one of my best friends in the mission. This is elder T . He is an amazing elder and is one of the sweetest guys. Elder T , you're a pro. 









No comments:

Post a Comment