Tuesday 9 February 2016

February 8, 2016-Anything Unfair is Made Up and More!!

Hello family ! 
So it's been a crazy week. I will just hit highlights ! First off I was incredibly sick on Monday and Tuesday. I was super weak and losing my insides. So elder T took one of the Lao  elders with him to our dinner appointment. On their way into their dinner appointment R, ( the guy we fasted with last week) called him and asked if we would baptize him because he received an answer. 
WHAAAAATTTT? 
Ya it was crazy . So elder T came home, told me, I got out of my sickly bed and got dressed to go and see R and found out what happened.  R has to be one of the most sincere investigators I have ever met on my mission. He was reading the Book of Mormon like crazy. And asking if it was true. He wasn't ever looking for a sign but he just wanted to feel something with the Book of Mormon. Some sort of communication with Heavenly Father that it's true. Anything. He is what you would call a "dry Mormon. " he has done everything except be baptized. R would read the Book of Mormon whenever he could. So he told us of his experience where he received his answer. While he was at work... During lunch hour he was reading on his phone. And he said that the whole time he had been reading the Book of Mormon he just felt numb to it. And he started reading this time and felt the same thing. But then he got to 3 nephi 11. And it happened. R went to describe this beautiful experience he had with the spirit of the lord.  He said this feeling lasted until about 3 nephi 13. From there he knew the boom of Mormon was true. It just took him all the way to 3nephi 11. Can I also just say it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that it was that chapter. That is the most important chapter in the Book of Mormon... And if you don't know what the chapter is Go check it out. Just such a miracle to see moron is promise come true to such an honest seeker of truth. What a testimony builder to me. It can happen to anyone !! 
So also another miracle. There is a 14 year old boy whose name is Z that attends church and seminary every day. Does all the activities and everything. But as not yet been baptized and been waiting for it to happen for the last 3 years. His parents are not members and he goes to church with his cousins. His parents wouldn't let him get baptized. We decided to call his parents and set up an appointment to meet with them. They accepted. I was nervous. We didn't know what to do.  But the appointment was amazing. We basically testified of the importance of the spirit and how it would help their son and how covenants would play a role in his life. Then the father started questioning Z with some pretty hard questions like " why do you need to be baptized by water?? What's a little water going to do to you? Can't you just be baptized and make covenants by faith?" Z replied with the most flawless testimony of the gospel and the importance of baptism by immersion. Used scriptures and everything. He had to have learned from seminary . It was awesome. In the end the parents accepted him being baptized so he is now going to be baptized !! 
Another miracles ! 
On other notes A was baptized this weekend ! It was a great baptism !! We also spent almost all Saturday cleaning and packing up an apartment because we move out of this one on Tuesday this week.
So I just want to share my testimony on how much the lord does the work and only uses us as tools. Elder T and my own lives have been collapsing around us. There has been so many things taking a toll but the lord has blessed us 10 fold. We have so much work going on right now . There is no way that the work could be going this well if it wasn't Heavenly Father in control.  I would go through all the hard things again to see this much success in an area.  
Also received some sad news last night . C (the lady I baptized a few weeks ago and worked with for 6 months) passed away this weekend. I don't know how or why, but will keep you updated. It definitely puts your testimony to the plan of salvation to the test. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have received through the restored gospel. I know exactly where she is. And I am eternal,y grateful for the blessing it was to teach her the restored gospel and pave the path for to eternal life for her. 
Love you all ,
Elder kristensen


Baptism and my awesome throne I made when I was sick. 


No comments:

Post a Comment