Wednesday 17 February 2016

February 15, 2016- Moving and Valentines

Please send to everyone !! 
First off ... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KINNA AND CALVIN !! 2 years . Congrats. You have eternity to go ! 
This week was interesting to say the least. Honestly not a whole lot of missionary work done because we moved out of our old apartment and into a new one ! I feel quit blessed considering where all of my friends are serving in their parts of the world. So please give those who are serving in some rougher parts of the world lots of love !!! I couldn't imagine what it's like to live in some of the places they stay. Tuesday we ,over almost all day except for an hour where we went and gave a member a hair cut. It was to a returned missionary named S. He served in Calgary Canada and got home about 4 months ago so it's been a ton of fun talking to him about all the places I know and love. 
We also went on exchanges with the Hmong elders. So awesome . Sacramento has almost eight different countries in one city. Basically talked to only Hmong people the whole exchange. It reminded me a lot of my days in Lao work. Very powerful exchange . Elder T is a newer missionary but such an example. He knows how to be humble and take correction better than anyone I know. 
We basically had some more issues and cleaning we had to do with the old and new apartment so that was no good and took a huge part of the week. 
We finally were able to bike Saturday. First time in ages . It felt great... Plus it was a beautiful day, couldn't have asked for better weather. Except my skin is so fair ... I got sunburnt. Classic. Sunday we had a regional broadcast given to us by General authorities to the north west American region of the church. Elder rebound and elder Hamula were both apart of that. Very very powerful broadcast . Very straight forward. But filled with love and invitations to act . Built my testimony and strengthened my faith. As well as the entire region!! I will attach some of my notes and little revelations! I can testify that the words I wrote from the broadcast were given to me by the spirit. It was awesome. 
Valentine's night we were able to have dinner with R and his wife. Randy is getting baptized the 27. So awesome. But they made a wonderful meal and gave us cards and made us fill very loved. Probably the best Valentine's Day I've ever had. I loved everyone so dearly that I spent it with ! Couldn't ask for anything better. 
Here are the notes !! 
REGIONAL BROADCAST 
-faithful and true always !!! 
-how? Church pray read, a pattern of faith that will last a life time! PATTERNS OF FAITH
-not read but feast 
-study the topics in the index of triple comb because that is where we find the restored gospel. Not just the topical guide.
-make the doctrines part of my very being, then I will reveal who I really am. 
  • make his voice familiar to ourselves and to our families, then we will see his guidance in our lives and know his voice when he speaks. Set the foundation. 
  • I'm not taking notes but writing revelation from god to myself.
  • Scripture study is a Catylis to effective prayer 
  • Before partaking the sacrament you should ponder on the things that I have done wrong, then I will feel the guilt lifted. I have to see my mistakes to feel forgiveness that's how I can feel relief. The key to a powerful sacrament ordinance .
  • REQUIREMENT AND PRINCIPLE
  • Read - feast 
  • Pray- with all energy of heart 
  • Church- make and renew sacred and holy covenants with an eternal father in heaven. 
  • Conduct yourselves as disciples of Christ  at all times. Especially as a missionary. 
  • NEVER CHECK YOUR RELIGION AT THE DOOR-elder holland .
  • If you are struggling to find your way back there is always the glorious truth of repentance . 
  • There is fun in obeying the commandments by willingly obeying. 
  • The lords message to the faithful in hard times has always been FEAR NOT
  • The atonement dispels all fear but feels us with hope.
  • EVERYTHING IS ABLE TO BE REPAIRED . 
  • all faithful members have no need to fear from the storms of the later days. 
  • Perfection is never a prerequisite for a prophet
  • DONT LOSE SIGHT OF THE BIG PICTURE.  Then look at their fruits and you shall know them
  • BEST WAY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS- teach restoration and establish revelation. Make known the plan of salvation and give commandments context. 
  • John 7:17
  • SATANS PLAN IS TO DESTROY THE PLAN OF SALVATION. Including our personal plan of salvation. 
  • Satan creates "plan stoppers" AVOID AND GET AWAY FROM THEM
  • We love and live our doctrine and love the people who don't live it, 
  • Best indicator of spiritual growth: how we treat others. 



Here are pictures ! 
Valentine's Day 
Edmonton street exists, go Canada go 
Last Pday activities 







No comments:

Post a Comment