Tuesday 9 February 2016

February 1, 2016-Blessed Weekend



Hello family ! 
This week has been such a blessing ! We have had many things happen for us this week. We spent a lot of time preparing for JM's baptism . He is a nine year old boy who elder T and I was privileged to teach.  His mom was a less active member. He is awesome and was baptized Friday night . It was pretty crazy because on Thursday he started having some heavy doubts and was scared to be baptized. Elder T and I had no idea what to say and then the spirit took over. We sat and watched a video of someone else getting baptized, talked for a little bit and the spirit filled the room. I received a bigger testimony that the spirit really is the "comforter " that Jesus Christ promised would send . 
We also attended another baptism of KS. He was the son of a recent convert that elder T and his previous companion baptized. We started teaching K and put him on date. But passed him off because they moved into the foothills ward ( one of my previous areas). He was baptized Saturday.  Awesome baptism. He gave a powerful testimony of the joy the gospel has brought to his mom and his grandma. He then bore testimony that it was right because of the way  he felt every time the missionaries came over. He just knew that it would  make him happy. He said " I don't know a whole lot about the church, but I cannot deny the feelings of happiness I receive."   
We also attended a baptism back in the mission oak ward In the east Sacramento stake for S , DP's wife . I think I talked about Dp before. He was from Nepal. He  lost everything in an earth quake . Then came to America and was baptized. And he now has become the happiest person ever.   His wife finally moved to Sacramento and we taught her.  I was transferred out right before her baptism. But luckily I was allowed back. I love them so much. It was a glorious reunion between us. She was baptized and in a year they will be sealed together for time and all eternity. 
We also fasted for our investigator that we fasted with last weekend. And we even got that much closer for him to be baptized. A lot of his concerns came out and he is starting to feel more and more confident about baptism. We will see what happens. 
I went on an exchange with elder O our zoneleader. I went on one with him back in Elk Grove. Such an awesome elder. He goes home at the end of this transfer
 Lots of working going on here. See,s like we have one teaching appointment after another.. I'm not complaining :) 
Love you all 
Elder kristensen


Last bishop ( I hope you enjoy seeing this bishop Stephenson ) 
Avatar or small piano ? 

The baptism of K! 
Baptism of S! 
Bro G !! This guy is my favorite (far left) 
Baptism of J ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment