Friday 15 July 2016

June 27, 2016- Elder Ross

"If you want to go fast , you go alone.  if you want to go far , you go together " African proverb .

The name of this email has nothing to do with this email. 
 So a lot of exciting things happened this week in the mission.
Elder Lawrence from the first quorum of the seventy came and did a mission tour. That Zone conference melted my brain with delicious knowledge of the gospel and the twelve tribes of Israel. Sister Lawrence first got up and taught us the Old Testament, New Testament and the restoration of the gospel as prophesied in a a matter of two hours. She talked to us a ton of the scattering and gathering of Israel and helped us realize the very serious reality of our role in gathering scattered Israel. I wish I had the time to tell you all about it because it made all of the gospel make so much sense including a lot of the idioms that we use. But all and all just know that scattered Israel is being gathered and the Book of Mormon is the proof of the gathering beginning ! 
Elder Lawrence got up and talked about the needs of the mission.  He first talked about how he no longer had to do "missionary training 101" but our mission is now on "missionary training 301." We were advancing from the law of obedience to the law of sacrifice. He says now it's time to lay things on the alter of sacrifice that will help us now be more centered on the work. So we all have had to chose one thing this week. Some are offering up some of their music choices, and others maybe drinking soda. I know of a few elders breaking up with their girlfriends. All so that they can sacrifice and become more dedicated to the work. I have made my own personal sacrifice. And I have chosen something that I know I need help from the atonement of Jesus Christ. And the only  way I will overcome my weakness is throughout the Saviors atonement . So it'll be one of cool to see the change begin over time. 
But that was probably the biggest thing we learned was the importance of sacrifice. 
Sacrifice in our lives to do the Lords will brings blessings."sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven." This is an eternal truth taught by the savior himself where he says if any man will lose himself for the lords sake shall find himself. And I know that to be true ! I'm discovering more about myself every single day that I didn't know about ! 
Also another miracle . We chose Asa district to do a district fast. In which we fasted for 3 people to be baptized this month who had not yet accepted baptism. That Sunday 2 of the three people accepted baptism and I did one of the baptismal interviews. We had to have a translated because she was Spanish. But we had one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission as we heard her bare her testimony. She chose not to get baptized. But then she went on a temple tour and when she heard of the sealing power that is within the walls of the temple she knew that is what she wanted. It was incredible to hear of the spiritual experience she had at the temple. 
Love y'all ! It's getting hot here ! 
Elder kristensen



No comments:

Post a Comment